Established in 1972, Carlisle Glass Ltd is the largest independent glass and glazing company in the North West of England and South West Scotland, still family owned, and family run for over 35 years.
Carlisle Glass Ltd specialises in the supply and installation of:
- Timber, PVCu and aluminium windows and doors
- Glass and glazing materials
- Boarding-up services
- For both domestic and commercial applications
We provide a full customer specification service complete with sectional drawings and data sheets on all the materials we supply or install.
Our glazing division offers a professional high quality service to the building industry, developers and architects for domestic and commercial installations. This includes advice on pre-tender design and specification requirements incorporating safe practise with best performance tied in with local building regulations and aesthetic views.
As front line suppliers we import and export materials from counties all over the EEC and beyond, this enables us to guarantee that we have the material in stock to do the job correctly and on time, this backed up by our in-house family tradition of no nonsense service and meticulous attention to detail provides a service second-to-none.
Carlisle Glass integrates state of the art techniques with traditional glazing expertise in glass, glazing, pvcu, timber and aluminium.
As the ever increasing demands of global warming become more evident within the glass and glazing industry and the country as a hole, Carlisle Glass has become a front runner in providing the industry with top of the range thermal insulation and sola control performance glasses, and to maintain our commitment to the Kyoto agreement we also hold regular meetings with our colleagues at Pilkington UK.
- NVQ level 2 and CSCS cards as standard
- Carlisle Glass is FENSA (Fenestration Self Assessment scheme) accredited company and fully complies with documents part L & N and current building regulations.
- Carlisle Glass has achieved SAFEcontractor certification status
- Our glazing team is trained to FIRAS standards.
- FIRAS is the independent accreditation service for the installation of fire resistant glass (Run at Warrington Fire Research Centre).
- Carlisle Glass operates a quality assurance system: This conforms to the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001: 2000
All our operatives work from distinctive blue and yellow sign written Carlisle Glass vehicles and carry laminated identification cards with ID verification telephone numbers on the reverse of each.
Carlisle Glass is the only glass and glazing company in the North of England that operates a certificated glass & glazing apprenticeship system.
Examples of glazing projects we have undertaken and completed:
Risk Assessments and Method Statements, and all information relevant to CDM regulations are provided as standard.
- Civic Centre, Rickergate, Carlisle
(High level external replacement glazing including cradle works)
- Tullie House Museum, Castle Way, Carlisle
(Structural toughened and heat-soaked glass balustrades)
- Rheged Visitors Centre, Redhills, Penrith
(Floor to ceiling butt jointed proprietary glazing systems)
- Bulloughs Department Store, Castle Street, Carlisle
(Laminated Glass bends)
- Carlisle College, Victoria Place, Carlisle
(Glazed screens and doors in timber steel and aluminium)
- Spadeadam Air Force Base, Spadeadam
(Anti-bandit and bullet resistant glass screens)
- Virgin Trains @ Carlisle Railway Station
(Glass sliding doors and screens, glass cabinets, shelving and counter tops)
- Debenhams Department Store, Scotch Street, Carlisle
(Mirrors, glass shelves)
Emergency call-out services
For the last 35 years we have operated a 24 hour emergency boarding up service to both domestic and commercial customers within our area.
Available outside normal working hour on the following mobile number: 07768 41 41 41